At Christ Church CE Academy, our aim is to foster an enjoyment for learning, with parental support, in the home environment by:
- practising, consolidating and reinforcing key skills on a regular basis. These are referred to as ‘non-negotiables’ and include learning times tables, spellings and daily reading activities.
- engaging parents in themed activities which support their child’s learning and development in school.
- stretching and challenging pupils’ skills, knowledge and understanding to achieve high standards in developing independent learning and study.
Homework tasks may include:
- Reading with a parent/carer.
- Learning letter sounds/blends.
- Practising letter formation.
- Learning to read and spell high frequency words.
- Practising and revising basic skills (spellings, number bonds, multiplication tables). This may include ‘fun’ activities and taking home games to play with a parent/carer.
- Research for particular topics, finding out something.
- Learning parts or words for songs in preparation for special assemblies or productions.
- Learning a musical instrument.
This list is by no means exhaustive. Pupils may be given additional tasks if they are part of a specialised intervention programme.
For more information with regard to responsibilities and expectations, please refer to our Homework Policy.