01484 226 595

Part of Enhance Academy Trust Encourage - Help - Achieve - Nurture

Welcome to Our Website! Click to scroll down

Does my child have Special Educational Needs?

The Special Educational Needs Code of Practice 2014 states:

a child has special educational needs if he/she has a learning difficulty, which calls for special educational provision to be made for him/her.’

A child has a learning difficulty if he/she:

a)      has a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of children of the same age. 

b)      has a disability which either prevents or hinders the child from making use of educational facilities of a kind generally provided for others of the same age in mainstream schools

c)       is under 5 and falls within the definition at (a) or (b) above or would do so if special educational provision was not made for the child.

The four areas of SEN are:

  •          Cognition and Learning
  •          Communication and interaction
  •          Emotional, behavioural and social
  •          Sensory and physical

Many children who have SEN may also have a disability. This is legally defined as:

'a physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on the ability to carry out normal day to day activities'. 

At Christ Church CE Academy, we promote equality and strive to develop personalised learning experiences for our children. Children with SEND may require provision to be additional or different. 


If you would like to find out more about how we can support children with SEND please contact our Assistant Headteacher / SENDCO, Miss Kerry Morgan

Phone: 01484 226595