Christ Church CE Academy is positively committed to a policy of equality and aims to ensure that no employee, job applicant, pupil or other member of the school community is treated less favourably on grounds of gender, ethnicity, sexual identity, religion, age, disability or background
Our policy accords with legislation:
- The Equality Act 2010;
- Race Relations (Amendment) Act 2000;
- Disability Discrimination (Amendment) Acts 2002 and 2005;
- Sex Discrimination Act 1975
Our Equality Objectives:
Here at Christ Church CE Academy we:
- do not discriminate against anyone on any grounds.
- promote the principles of fairness and justice for all through the education and support we provide in our school.
- ensure that all pupils have equal access to the full range of educational opportunities provided.
- strive to remove any form of indirect discrimination that can be a barrier to learning.
- ensure that all recruitment, employment, promotion and training systems are fair to all, and provide opportunities for everyone to achieve.
- challenge stereotyping and prejudice whenever it occurs.
- celebrate the cultural diversity of our school community and show respect for all minority groups.
- are aware that prejudice and stereotyping can be caused by low self-image and ignorance. Through positive educational experiences and support for each individual’s point of view, we aim to promote positive social attitudes and respect for all.