Archbishop of York Youth Trust Award
2015 will see the launch of the ‘Archbishop of York Young Leaders’ Award. This will engage our pupils, not just with faith heroes of the past and the present, but also to engage them with the idea of community and the wider world….and how they can be a part of something much bigger.
Pupils in Year 6 will be following a modular programme of study focusing on:
* Leadership – exploring leadership skills and how we can use them to change the world.
* Top Trump Leaders – inspiring leaders & people of faith who have changed the world.
* The Local Community – including an interactive walk and map making exercise.
* The National Community – looking at the Archbishop of York Youth Trust and other charities who bring about change.
* The Global Community – issues of justice and international charities working to bring change.
* Community Action – pupils prepare for and serve in a local community project.
To find out more information visit: http://www.archbishopofyorkyouthtrust.co.uk/young-leaders-award/